Join us for the June LINT meeting!
Discussion, Demos and D Magazine's best Chicken Fried Steak!
Mike Bizzell is opening his shop in Red Oak for our June 2019 meeting.
110 Fox Trail, Red Oak, TX 75154
This little drive will be well worth it.
Round table discussion
- Wood species choices and reasons why
- Necks: solid 1 piece, or laminated/buildups Pros/cons & benefits of either
- Heavy or light builds – what gained or lost
- Flexible or stiff body – what gained or lost
- Top and back radius and reasons for choices
- Kerfing types and reasons
Moving from Design discussion to Build
- Jigs that are available – Must haves and nice to haves – Build or buy?
- Mike Bizzell on jig and tool making
- Tops & backs
- Necks & fret boards
- Peg head
Hands on Demos:
- Side Bending tools and techniques
And afterwards, join us at Rockett Cafe, the D Magazine multi-year winner of the Best Chicken Fried Steak in Dallas. (check out their menu and ratings)
Don't miss this full agenda.